Re: [bug report] xfs: pass the goal of the incore inode walk to xfs_inode_walk()

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 10:38:12AM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:

> > i.e. the enum is defined to clearly contain negative values and so
> > GCC should be defining it as a signed integer regardless of the
> > version of C being used...
>
> You're analysis is correct, but I'm looking at a newer version of the
> code and I blamed the wrong commit.  It should be commit 777eb1fa857e
> ("xfs: remove xfs_dqrele_all_inodes")
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-xfs/20210809065938.1199181-3-hch@xxxxxx/
> That commit removes the "XFS_ICWALK_DQRELE       = -1," line which
> changes the enum type from int to unsigned int.
>
> So this suggests that we should just remove the check for negative
> values.

Remove the check as in removing the XFS code: yes.  I just prepared a
patch for that.  As in remove the check in smach:  As usual these
kind of checks tend to find something fishy.  Be that real bugs,
dead code or just the need to document weirdness better.