Re: iomap 5.15 branch construction ...

On Mon, Aug 02, 2021 at 03:11:14PM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> iomap has become very popular for this cycle, with seemingly a lot of
> overlapping patches and whatnot.  Does this accurately reflect all the
> stuff that people are trying to send for 5.15?
>
> 1. So far, I think these v2 patches from Christoph are ready to go:
>
> 	iomap: simplify iomap_readpage_actor
> 	iomap: simplify iomap_add_to_ioend
>
> 2. This is the v9 "iomap: Support file tail packing" patch from Gao,
> with a rather heavily edited commit:
>
> 	iomap: support reading inline data from non-zero pos
>
> Should I wait for a v10 patch with spelling fixes as requested by
> Andreas?  And if there is a v10 submission, please update the commit
> message.
>
> 3. Matthew also threw in a patch:
>
> 	iomap: Support inline data with block size < page size
>
> for which Andreas also sent some suggestions, so I guess I'm waiting for
> a v2 of that patch?  It looks to me like the last time he sent that
> series (on 24 July) he incorporated Gao's patch as patch 1 of the
> series?

These four patches are at the base of my 'devel' branch of folios, ie
they're basically the next in the series after for-next.  So I've built
the rest of the iomap-folios patches on top of them.  I'll pull in Gao's
v10 tomorrow, retest and send you a git pull for those four?

> So, I /think/ that's all I've received for this next cycle.  Did I miss
> anything?  Matthew said he might roll some of these up and send me a
> pull request, which would be nice... :)

I ran out of time on Friday, and I took today (+ the weekend) off.
I'll catch up tomorrow.