Re: Snapshot/Cloned workspace with changed file/directory ownership for all files in clone

On Fri, May 01, 2020 at 05:40:45PM +0000, Saravanan Shanmugham (sarvi) wrote:
> One use case for "cloned" workspaces or "seeded" workspaces, is "prebuilt workspaces" for very large builds.
>
> What would it take to add this capability to the xfs roadmap? This would be very usefull.
>
> Our use case is as following
>    1. Our fully built software build workspaces can be 800GB+
>    2. We have a nightly build that builds the whole workspace 800GB, done by a generic user "buildusr"
>    3. We then snapshot that workspace with xfs snapshotting capability.

What xfs snapshotting 'capability' is that?

Or, since you've already asked this on the btrfs list, chown -R the
directory tree after you receive the fs image from the build system.

(Maybe the answer you want is shiftfs...)

--D