Snapshot/Cloned workspace with changed file/directory ownership for all files in clone

One use case for "cloned" workspaces or "seeded" workspaces, is "prebuilt workspaces" for very large builds.

What would it take to add this capability to the xfs roadmap? This would be very usefull.

Our use case is as following
   1. Our fully built software build workspaces can be 800GB+
   2. We have a nightly build that builds the whole workspace 800GB, done by a generic user "buildusr"
   3. We then snapshot that workspace with xfs snapshotting capability.
   3. We want the developer, "sarvi", to be able to clone from that snapshot and be able to incremental software build and development in the cloned workspace or the seeded filesystem/workspace.

Problem:
All the content, files, directories in the cloned workspace are still owned by "buildusr" and not "sarvi", which causes my builds to fail with permission problems.
Is there anything in xfs that can help.
For that matter any of the open source filesystems support seeding or snapshot/cloning that you might be aware of.

So far the only filesystem that seems have the capability map/change the file ownership as part of the clone operation is Netapp.
And unfortunately that isn’t open source and wont serve our purpose.

Thanks,
Sarvi
Occam’s Razor Rules