Re: [XFS SUMMIT] xfs and gcc

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:03:06AM -0500, Bill O'Donnell wrote:
> Hello -
>
> I'd be interested in having some discussion about the forward momentum
> of gcc, and xfs staying in reasonable sync with it. I'm sure you've noticed
> the warnings stacking up as xfs and xfsprogs is built.

Not really, because I'm still running gcc 8.4.  At least until I sort
through the remaining grub brain damage and actually upgrade every
system. :D

> With gcc-10 coming
> about in distros, the inevitable warnings and errors will become more than
> annoying.
>
> How best to approach modifications to xfs to alleviate these build issues?

No idea. :(

Admittedly it would be nice to ask the kernel robot or something like it
if it's willing to take on building some of the core userspace packages.
They're a little spammy (we recently had a cppcheck episode) but more
often than not, it does catch minor problems.

--D