Re: Is ext4_dio_read_iter() broken? - and xfs_file_dio_aio_read()

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 10:49:40AM +0000, David Howells wrote:

> > The iocb is refcounted and only completed when the refcount hits zero,
> > and an extra reference is held until the submission has completed.
> > Take a look at iocb_put().
>
> Ah...  This is in struct aio_kiocb and not struct kiocb - that's why I missed
> it.  Thanks.

That being said we have a few other spots using ->ki_complete for
asynchronous execution, which might not be as careful.  As someone
having written one or two of those I have my doubts I got everthing
right and will audit those.

> David
---end quoted text---