Re: [Lsf-pc] [LSF/MM/BPF TOPIC] FS Maintainers Don't Scale

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 04:29:16PM -0800, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> I kinda wish the LF or someone would open such a program to the kernel
> maintainers.  I never liked that old maxim, "The maintainer is [the
> stuckee] with the most testing resources" -- there shouldn't really have
> to be a djwong cloud and a dchinner cloud. :/

If there are people who are interested in using gce-xfstests for
testing their file systems, please contact me off-line.  I can't make
a promise that I can swing free GCE credits for *everyone*, but for
maintainers of major file systems, or senior file system developers in
general, we can probably work something out.

						- Ted

P.S.  I also have blktests working in gce-xfstests; it's not clear
it's as useful, and there are a lot of test failures which I think are
test bugs, but in theory blktests can be used via gce-xfstests.  I
also have very rough Phoronix Test suite support, and I hope to try to
get mmtests running out of gce-xfstests as well.  Which probably means
I should think about renaming it.  :-)