Re: Fwd: XFS Memory allocation deadlock in kmem_alloc

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 01:52:57PM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 11/15/19 1:11 PM, Andrew Carr wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This list has recommended enabling stack traces to determine the root
> > cause of issues with XFS deadlocks occurring in Centos 7.7
> > (3.10.0-1062).
> >
> > Based on what was recommended by Eric Sandeen, we have tried updating
> > the following files to generate XFS stack traces:
> >
> > # echo 11 > /proc/sys/fs/xfs/error_level
> >
> > And
> >
> > # echo 3 > /proc/sys/fs/xfs/error_level
> >
> > But no stack traces are printed to dmesg.  I was thinking of
> > re-compiling the kernel with debug flags enabled.  Do you think this
> > is necessary?

dmesg -n 7 will remove all filters on the console/dmesg output - if
you've utrned this down in the past you may not be seeing messages
of the error level XFS is using...

Did you check syslog - that should have all the unfiltered messages
in it...

Cheers,

Dave.
--