Re: XFS Repair Error

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 2:32 PM Rich Otero <rotero@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an XFS filesystem of approximately 56 TB on a RAID that has
> been experiencing some disk failures. The disk problems seem to have
> led to filesystem corruption, so I attempted to repair the filesystem

This applies
http://xfs.org/index.php/XFS_FAQ#Q:_What_information_should_I_include_when_reporting_a_problem.3F

Also, are the disk failures fixed? Is the RAID happy? I'm very
skeptical of writing anything, including repairs, let alone rw
mounting, a file system that's one a busted or questionably working
storage stack. The storage stack needs to be in working order first.
Is it?

> with `xfs_repair -L <device>`. Xfs_repair finished with a message
> stating that an error occurred and to report the bug.

OK why -L ? Was there a previous mount attempt and if so when kernel
errors? Was there a previous repair attempt without -L? -L is a heavy
hammer that shouldn't be needed unless the log is damaged and if the
log is damaged or otherwise can't be replayed, you should get a kernel
message about that.

--
Chris Murphy