RAID hiccup, LVM information wiped, XFS FS gone, how to proceed?

Hi everyone,

I have a lost filesystem at hand: the RAID controller had a hiccup (or
someone tripped on the cord, or did some other mistake, I have no way
to know because the system is in some other country anyway).

The configuration was quite simple: RAID array -> pv -> vg -> lv -> XFS.

I've hexedit'ed the /dev/sdb and it looks like the first few kB have
been wiped out: no LVM signature, no VG UUID... However after the first
few blocks, it looks very similar to another disk>vg>lv configuration
which I hexedit side by side (there are series of 00 with regularly
placed "FIB" values interspersed with other values, then after a while
what is obviously file content) so my guess is that the data is probably
still there (better be, there are 80 TB missing).

xfs_repair can't seem to be able to do anything on the raw disk, alas.
Any ideas? I don't even know why I can't seem to find the XFSB
signature on disk: when hexediting (for instance) /dev/vg0/somelv, I
see it starting with XFSB; but editing /dev/sdc (which is hosting the
above mentioned lv), it's not there.

(I know, I could simply restore the vgcfgbackup if it existed...
please let's suppose this command doesn't exist).