Re: Non-blocking socket stuck for multiple seconds on xfs_reclaim_inodes_ag()

On 19/12/2018 23:15, Ivan Babrou wrote:
> We're sticking with the following patch that allows runtime switching
> between XFS memory reclaim strategies:
>
> * https://github.com/bobrik/linux/pull/2
>
> There are some tests and graphs describing the issue and how it can be solved.
>
> Let me know if you think this can be incorporated upstream, I'm fine if not.

This hack and fs.xfs.memory_reclaim=0 solved my problem where backup
server (doing rsnapshot, so tons of rsync+hardlinks+rm+cp of milions
files) was barely usable. Things like ssh or other network services were
stuck for 10-30 minutes doing reclaim.

Hack but for now server behaves much better than with vanilla kernel on
this type of workload.

Thanks,

(resend)
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )