Re: Enlarging w/ xfs_growfs: XFS_IOC_FSGROWFSDATA xfsctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Hi Brian,

On 12/10/18, Brian Foster <bfoster@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The only thing that comes to mind while poking through the code is
> perhaps xfsprogs is sending the traditional XFS_IOC_GROWFSDATA command
> into the compat_ioctl() path somehow or another (assuming
> BROKEN_X86_ALIGNMENT is set).
>
> What arch is your kernel/xfsprogs?

This system is running an amd64 kernel with x32 userspace (including
xfsprogs).

> What does 'cat /sys/kernel/debug/trace/trace' show if you run
> 'trace-cmd start -e xfs:xfs_file*ioctl*' and then attempt the growfs?

Looks like I don't have the required tracing enabled in my kernel
configuration, but I can build a new one if needed.  Is CONFIG_FTRACE
sufficient for this?

Thanks,
  Nick