Re: [RFC] mkfs config file bikeshed now!

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 10:17:57PM -0500, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> So number one, unlike everyone else, I didn't reinvent the wheel.  I
> grabbed the same wheel I wrote for MIT Kerberos years before.  :-)

Yes thank you for not re-inventing the wheel.

> But hey, to be clear, I'm not the one trying to claim everyone should
> use my library (even though it's the best looking and above-average,
> ala Lake Wobegon. :-)

I started out with libconfig. Clearly that's crap. As I waited for the facelift
of mkfs/xfs_mkfs.c I found libini_config and was supportive of it as the best
in the community given community traction and good code. As I poked further and
extracted e2fsprogs profile library into its own repo and sized it up against
libini_config, I'll let it be on me to say:

I think its *very* sensible for us to consider using it *provided* we're up to
co-maintain a future small shared library in the hopes others will stop also
re-inventing the wheel further.

Unless I hear otherwise I'll give e2fsprogs profile library a shot for my
next iteration under the assumption we can share the library long term.

  Luis