Re: [RFC] mkfs config file bikeshed now!

On 2/26/18 6:01 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>  IIRC with e2fsprogs profile parsers we could end up with something
> like:
>
> [defaults]
> foo=0
> bar=0
> [stuff]
> 	some_release =  {
> 		foo=1
> 		bar=2
> 	}
> 	new_release = {
> 		foo=2
> 	}

I can't tell what that means.  What's "stuff?"  Why would we need this sort of
nesting?

I /really/ want to adhere to the KISS principle here as much as possible.

The last thing I want is for the config file structure to make it difficult
for admins to understand, and easy to mis-write, resulting in unexpected
configs deployed...

There are all kinds of clever things we could do (see previous question about
inheritance) but config files are going to be write-once-use-many for the most
part, and I really think that complexity would be a net negative here.  I'd
much rather have explicit cut and paste in each section than confusing nesting
of option specifications.

-Eric