Re: XFS mounted with 'discard' option - deleting fio test files slow

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 04:21:52PM -0700, Hao Chen wrote:
> This is expected.  To get a better performance of XFS on NVMe drive, it
> is advised not use use the realtime discard option.
>
> https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/ssdc/data-center-ssds/Intel_Linux_NVMe_Guide_330602-002.pdf

Again, this will depend on your device.  Intel in particular was the
example in my presentation for horrible performance of the NVMe
discard support - other vendors implement much better discard support,
so you'll see much better results.