Re: xfs_repair fails: mismatched UUID?

On Thu, 2017-08-17 at 00:26 -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Oh right, you did say RAID enclosure.
>
> My money is on the enclosure no longer presenting you with sectors in
> the original order, or in an otherwise severely damaged form, for
> whatever reason.

The problem *could* be from the enclosure itself; I don't have a second one to
test. I'm fairly sure the cause is a failing drive (I get a red LED from one of
the two status LEDs on the front of the enclosure).

> xfs_repair restores filesystem consistency but it is not a data recovery or
> storage repair tool.  ;)

I get that. But since the files are there, it seemed like the file-system could
be repaired. I'll dig up the output.

> > All of this has been performed on my ddrescue clone (not the original
> device).
>
> <cue applause!>  :)

I don't always directly edit properties of my filesystems, but when I do, I do
it on a clone. :)