Re: Metadata corruption detected at xfs_inode_buf_verify

On Mon, 17 Jul 2017, Brian Foster wrote:
> Hard to say for sure. I do wonder whether this is related to any of the
> issues that Emmanuel ran into in his recent post[1]. Care to post the
> metadump somewhere where it can be downloaded? Note that it usually can
> be compressed to save upload/download time.

OK, so I tried again and this time with the stock version of xfsprogs from
Debian/stretch (v4.9.0) and it was able to repair the file system:

  http://nerdbynature.de/bits/4.12.0-rc7/screenlog_seagate.txt

When I moved the disk enclosure from my aarch64 RPI system (running
current Arch Linux) to my x86-64 Debian/stretch box, I used the self
compiled git checkout of xfsprogs, because the Debian version is always
somewhat behind, of course.

> [1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-xfs/msg08176.html

Well, in my case it succeeded to move some data to lost+found, as the file
system did have enough space free.

In other news, the other disk I suspected as "bad" before isn't bad at
all, turns out that one of the controller ports in this disk enclosure
("ElitePro Dual USB") may be have a problem, but on the working port both
disks can be read from start to finish and xfs_repair v4.9.0 was able to
repair both file systems now :-)

Thanks for your input,
Christian.

PS: I'll send you the link to the metadump off-list, because:
--
BOFH excuse #29:

It works the way the Wang did, what's the problem