Re: Shutdown filesystem when a thin pool become full

Il 20-06-2017 19:02 Brian Foster ha scritto:

ISTM you might as well write something in userspace that receives a
notification from device-mapper and shuts down or remounts the fs if the
volume has gone inactive or hit a watermark. I don't think we'd bury
anything in XFS that cuts off and then resumes operations based on
underlying device errors like that. That sounds like a very crude
approach with a narrow use case.

Absolutely, crude & ugly...

That said, I don't think I'd be opposed to something in XFS that
(optionally) shutdown the fs in response to a similar dm notification
provided we know with certainty that the underlying device is inactive
(and that it can be accomplished relatively cleanly).

This would be a much better approach. Any chances to get it implemented?
About your patches, I really like that they addresses the fallocate propagation issue. Are they a work in progress? Any chances to have them shipping in mainline kernel?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico