Re: permanent XFS volume corruption

On Freitag, 12. Mai 2017 09:19:35 Jan Beulich wrote:
> > However:
> >
> > With further testing I see that xfs_repair v3.1.8 /does not/
> > entirely fix the fs; if I run 3.1.8 and then run upstream repair, it
> > finds and fixes more bad flags on inode 764 (lib/xenstored/tdb) that 3.1.8
> > didn't touch.  The verifiers in an upstream kernel may keep tripping
> > over that until newer repair fixes it...
>
> Well, I can see if I can build those newer tools for myself (would
> largely depend on how easy/difficult they are to configure/make,
> and whether there's a testsuite that I can run them over before
> allowing them to touch live data); I don't expect newer tools to
> be available for the distro I'm running.

Pretty sure, you're running some SuSE derivative. Building the xfstools
usually is pretty simple with OBS, I do that all the time for unsupported
distros:

	https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:frispete:tools

If BS wouldn't be down at the moment, I could look, if xfstests run as well,
but since you have a backup of course, the risk of damaging your system with
newer xfstools is pretty low. It saved my ass a couple of times...

Good luck,
Pete

who notoriously runs outphased SuSE versions (e.g. 9.3 on my PBX)