Re: XFS and multiple mounts protection (aka preventing multiple mounts)

On Fri, May 05, 2017 at 03:19:45PM +0200, Gionatan Danti wrote:
> Il 05-05-2017 14:25 Carlos Maiolino ha scritto:
> >
> > As far as I know, don't, I can always be wrong, but, I re-checked xfs
> > superblock, and could not find anything that actually protects it.
> >

> So, how do you protect iSCSI targets from erroneous multiple mount? Do you
> protect them only at the target/lun level (eg: access list on the
> target/lun)?

Well, having a planned infra-structure is a way, and using UUIDs for mounting
the filesystems are two good ways to avoid mistakes with multiple mounts. UUIDs
are unique for each filesystem, so even if the device name changes between
boots, you can still be sure to mount the correct filesystem on the correct
system by using their UUIDs

Cheers

--
Carlos