Re: XFS and multiple mounts protection (aka preventing multiple mounts)

Le Fri, 05 May 2017 15:19:45 +0200
Gionatan Danti <g.danti@xxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> Il 05-05-2017 14:25 Carlos Maiolino ha scritto:
> >
> > As far as I know, don't, I can always be wrong, but, I re-checked
> > xfs superblock, and could not find anything that actually protects
> > it.
>
> So, how do you protect iSCSI targets from erroneous multiple mount?
> Do you protect them only at the target/lun level (eg: access list on
> the target/lun)?

Either that, or use a cluster-aware filesystem such as GFS2 or OCFS2.

On Debian systems, setting up OCFS2 is a breeze. Performance is
very good, but the FS lacks extended attributes and ACLs.

On RH-derived systems, clustering is a real PITA (probably a plot to
force you to pay for RedHat Clustering solutions).