Re: Safe XFS limits (100TB+)

Am Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2017, 19:16:27 CET schrieb Emmanuel Florac:
> Use recent xfs progs and kernel, use xfs v5 if possible. Don't forget
> proper optimisations (use noop scheduler, enlarge nr_requests and
> read_ahead_kb a lot) for high sequential throughput (video is all about
> sequential throughput) and you should be happy and safe.

Just adding some Debian hints:

For Debian Jessie that means backport kernel – that means 4.8 currently. There
is not backport of xfsprogs available tough and 3.2 is pretty old. I am not
sure since when xfsprogs was switched to create xfs v5 by default – so maybe
the proper options to activate xfs v5 are needed. There is always the option
to compile xfsprogs yourself, or well just start out with Debian Testing as
that in the process of being frozen more and more before release of Debian
Stretch. I would be surprised of any major hichups regarding XFS in Debian
Testing before the release. It will very likely have kernel 4.9 and xfsprogs
4.9.

Thanks,
--
Martin