Re: Cannot Mount XFS Filesystem

On 09/01/16 18:54, Wilson, Kyle wrote:
I have a large (70 TB) XFS filesystem which I am unable to mount. The
mount command hangs for a very long time, and /var/log/messages shows
the following:

Sep  1 16:49:00 myhost kernel: XFS (dm-2): Mounting V4 Filesystem
Sep  1 16:49:00 myhost kernel: XFS (dm-2): Starting recovery (logdev:
internal)
Sep  1 16:49:04 myhost kernel: XFS: Internal error
XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO at line 1649 of file fs/xfs/xfs_alloc.c.  Caller
xfs_free_extent+0xe5/0x120 [xfs]
The error 5 message repeats continuously.

I am running Centos 7. The filesystem is on a logical volume which
resides on a volume group made up of 3 software raid devices.

Kyle

The by count/block number btrees disagree.
These kinds of problems are difficult since the problem does not manifest itself until the extent is removed.

Is this a new or old filesystem?
What other versions of Linux did you run on this filesystem.
Has there been storage errors?
Has it had a forced shutdown before?
Ever a problem that required log replay?

I would like to look at the metadata dump if you are willing. It should give a better why it failed but the how may still be elusive.

(After the metadata dump,) you will need to run "xfs_repair -L" to fix.

--Mark Tinguely.