Re: Linux WPAN and Contiki NG

Hello Marek,

On 08.01.24 18:09, Marek Küthe wrote:
Hello dear Mailling list,

I would like to try Linux WPAN with Contriki NG and have some questions
(I am new to the topic, so the questions may be quite stupid): Contiki
NG, as I understand it, implements various 6lowpan standards -
including 6TiSCH, TSCH and 6TOP. Which of these are also implemented in
Linux WPAN and how can they be used? As I understand it, TSCH is
implemented. Is that correct?

I fear none of these advanced mechanisms (mostly for packet scheduling) are implemented. Linux wpan offers the basics in 802.15.4 and 6lowpan. PHY and MAC access and encapsulations and compression with 6lowpan.

 The use of it is explained on
https://linux-wpan.org/documentation.html.
Is there anything special I need to consider when connecting Linux and
Contiki NG?

I have not looked at Contiki in years to be fair. In general the main 1.4 and 6lowpan communication should work. If you enable advanced techniques for packet scheduling and timing you will surely run into problems. Would be happy to hear findings when you tried it. :-)

I hope it's okay if I post my questions here on the Mailling list.

Its the perfect place for them. :-)

regards
Stefan Schmidt