Re: RPL lwtunnel encapsulation

Mathis Marion <mathis.marion@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > However, my observations suggest that it is actually not the case when
    > forwarding packets. Instead, the IPv6 header of the packet is modified
    > in a way which violates the IPv6 specification (RFC 8200 section 4):

I have not sat down to read the code to understand what it actually does, so
I can't really comment at this point.  I salute you for having gotten into
whether the code is compliant.

But, I did write spend way too much of my life writing
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc9008/
to deal with the perception that RPL networks had to violate 8200.

I know that Linux does not (yet) deal with all the minutia in 9008.
I wish that I had time to fix that.