Re: IEEE80154 sockets problem with kernel 4.1.15

Hello.

On 09/14/2017 03:03 PM, ldimauro wrote:
Dear all,
i've tried to change "iface.c" file,

That does mean that you took the fix Alex mentioned and backported it to your kernel? Did you do a cherry-pick or did you try it manually.

but when i try to do a network
shell command (like "ifconfig"), system stall and doesn't accept any input.
The main problem is that I'm forced to use this kernel with this OS.

4.1.15 was released in December 2015. That is almost two years behind what we are working on. It may sound harsh but we simply can not support every old kernel out there. Many fixes have been done since then and integrated into newer kernels. Taking away several hours of our own time to setup a test with your old kernel to support you is nothing that can be asked from such a small community (2+ active developers).

Do you have any solutions to offer?

Alex offered you the solution already by pointing out the commit that fixes the issue in newer kernel. Getting it (and maybe more patches) properly backported is something that would need to be done on your end.

I just tried the test code you posted on a 4.12.9 kernel and problem does not show up.

regards
Stefan Schmidt