Re: Register two 802.15.4 devices/interfaces in one driver

> Hello.
>
> On 02/17/2017 12:05 PM, Xue Liu wrote:
>>
>> Hello Johann,

>>> Hi Xue,

>>> Dual PAN is something like nice to have.
>>> I suggest initialy to implement only PAN ID 0 support. It is easier and
>>> you
>>> would have fewer problems with the sequence manager. If the driver is
>>> stable
>>> and tested, then you can expand it and add support for dual PAN.
>>>
>> I forgot to post my current work on Github.
>> https://github.com/xueliu/mcr20a-linux
>>
>> Now it is somehow working for only one PAN. Now I am cleaning it and
>> testing other functions.
>

> Nice, so you have something already.
>
> I agree with Johann here that getting a basic driver in (without dual PAN
> support) makes most sense. This will allow us to get the driver reviewed and
> mainlined to have basic hardware support working. Once that is done more
> exotic features like dual PAN can be supported.
> This approach will also make sure that you are not stuck alone with this for
> ages. :)
OK. I upload my dirty code to https://github.com/xueliu/mcr20a-linux.
It is working but I need more tests and clean.

> Might I ask what kind of hardware you are working with? Is there a board
> running Linux with this transceiver hooked up directly or are you using a
> off the shelf module with the MCR20A and attached it over SPI and GPIOs to a
> board you are working with?
I am working with Raspberry Pi 3, a Arduino shiled and FRDM-CR20A.

> A cheap and easy to order source for a a MCR20A module would be appreciated.
> The only board I found was the Freedom Development Board for MCR20A at
> Mouser for 84 EUR which looks expensive for the transceiver and some led and
> buttons only.

Truly, this board costs 95,85 EUR with VAT. As far as I know there is
no alternative board.