Re: testing and building for RPI

Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Please see the blog: https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/hw/rpi6lowpan/

    > I have some edits for this; mostly unfortunate typos or copy/pastes.
    > I did get it working; my major stumbling block had to do with u-boot
    > apparently not really sending out multiple DHCPs messages.

    > The first goes out, and if the network is truly ready, it works.
    > Why wouldn't it be ready?  Cisco switches with STP enabled... plugging in a
    > trusty 8-port 100Mb/s stupid switch solved the problem, but cross-over cable to my
    > laptop showed me that it was really only sending out a single DHCP request,
    > not 8.  Once I put the "boot.scr" in place, it seems to boot very reliably,
    > but I haven't removed the 100Mb/s switch yet.

    > The suggested "agx" tree's defconfig didn't seem to enable the correct set of
    > kernel CONFIG options for the AT86*, etc. I'll post my whole recipe when I'm
    > back from the cottage.  You need to enable the IEEE802154, to then see
    > MAC802154 (and enable it) options before you'll see the AT86 drivers
    > available if you are using menuconfig.

After doing:
      make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- bcm2835_defconfig

I had to enable:
CONFIG_6LOWPAN=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_DEST=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_FRAGMENT=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_HOP=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_IPV6=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_MOBILITY=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_ROUTING=y
CONFIG_6LOWPAN_NHC_UDP=y
CONFIG_IEEE802154=y
CONFIG_IEEE802154_SOCKET=y
CONFIG_IEEE802154_6LOWPAN=y
CONFIG_MAC802154=y

CONFIG_IEEE802154_FAKELB=y
CONFIG_IEEE802154_AT86RF230=y
CONFIG_IEEE802154_MRF24J40=y
CONFIG_IEEE802154_CC2520=y

and then I had a kernel that saw my at86 device.  (I'm sure that the CC2520
and MRF24J40 enable was gratuitous).

I haven't yet interoperated with contiki; just ran out of time.