Re: testing and building for RPI

Varka Bhadram <varkabhadram@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > You can directly use linux-wpan-next tree directly, which has the basic
    > support for RPI. No need to rebase it on rpi kernel.

    > Please see the blog: https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/hw/rpi6lowpan/

I have some edits for this; mostly unfortunate typos or copy/pastes.
I did get it working; my major stumbling block had to do with u-boot
apparently not really sending out multiple DHCPs messages.

The first goes out, and if the network is truly ready, it works.
Why wouldn't it be ready?  Cisco switches with STP enabled... plugging in a
trusty 8-port 100Mb/s stupid switch solved the problem, but cross-over cable to my
laptop showed me that it was really only sending out a single DHCP request,
not 8.  Once I put the "boot.scr" in place, it seems to boot very reliably,
but I haven't removed the 100Mb/s switch yet.

The suggested "agx" tree's defconfig didn't seem to enable the correct set of
kernel CONFIG options for the AT86*, etc. I'll post my whole recipe when I'm
back from the cottage.  You need to enable the IEEE802154, to then see
MAC802154 (and enable it) options before you'll see the AT86 drivers
available if you are using menuconfig.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [