Re: [RFC v2 0/4] Adding stateful compression to IPHC

Lukasz Duda <lukasz.duda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > There is a need for parsing the 6CO option in ndisc.c which parses Router
    > Advertisement messages. Today the function calls to IPHC (6lowpan module) are
    > quite hard to implement in ndisc.c, as there is no guarantee that the 6lowpan
    > module will be loaded or not. It would make sense to build 6lowpan module
    > as in-build part of IPv6. The features could be compiled in by using #defines.

    > What do you think about moving 6lowpan as a component of IPv6 and modify ndisc.c
    > to handled 6LoWPAN specific options? Do you see any other solution to make sure
    > that 6CO is parsed and acted upon and still keep 6lowpan as a stand-alone module?

What about if ndisc.c accepted non-exclusive registrations for ND type codes?
Then 6lowpan could register itself as handler for RAs, and could process the
6CO options, ABROs, etc.
(BTW: 6tisch contemplates extending ABROs as well: there is more to come)

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [