Re: Device or resource busy

Hello,

>> Do you are sure that there is no daemon running or something else which
>> automatically ifup the interface again if you want to set it down? Maybe
>> just mv the /etc/$NETWORKING_STUFF into a separate directory and try again.

After your pointers I've found the answer on one of the forums - the
problem is caused by ifplugd service, which automatically brings up
wpan0 interface after it is brought down.
It seems that in previous branch (linux-wpan-next) this problem didn't
exist, because wpan0 interface had to be manually created (and ifplugd
didn't mess with it).

Solution 1 (blunt): killall ifplugd

Solution 2: edit /etc/default/ifplugd

My working /etc/default/ifplugd below:
____

# This file may be changed either manually or by running dpkg-reconfigure.
#
# N.B.: dpkg-reconfigure deletes everything from this file except for
# the assignments to variables INTERFACES, HOTPLUG_INTERFACES, ARGS and
# SUSPEND_ACTION.  When run it uses the current values of those variables
# as their default values, thus preserving the administrator's changes.
#
# This file is sourced by both the init script /etc/init.d/ifplugd and
# the udev script /lib/udev/ifplugd.agent to give default values.
# The init script starts ifplugd for all interfaces listed in
# INTERFACES, and the udev script starts ifplugd for all interfaces
# listed in HOTPLUG_INTERFACES. The special value all starts one
# ifplugd for all interfaces being present.
INTERFACES="eth0"
HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="eth0"
ARGS="-q -f -u0 -d10 -w -I"
SUSPEND_ACTION="stop"