Re: Problems with fakeserial

Hi Martin,

first, the serial things came never into mainline. I like the idea to
abstract a serial protocol above the 802.15.4 layer which run as
firmware on several devices. But the serial driver never came into mainline.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 04:42:10PM +0100, Martin Townsend wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the virtual-ieee802154-serial code but when I use izattach I get the following error msg:
>
> root@10:/etc/init.d# izattach /dev/fakeserial0
> ioctl: TIOCSETD: Invalid argument

Do you ported and loaded the serial driver module? I also need to say
that I never tested the serial driver or virtual-ieee802154-serial
stuff. Maybe simple original author Tony Cheneau [0]. Maybe he has time
to help here a little bit.

> I've tried ensuring the baud rates match and still get the same error.
>
> I'm using the following git repos for the userspace tools, is this still correct?
> git://git.code.sf.net/p/linux-zigbee/linux-zigbee

Yes, sad but should be correct.

- Alex

[0] tony.cheneau@xxxxxxxxxxxx