Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi hibernate / suspend issue

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Johannes Berg wrote:

So yeah, you were right when you said it's related to the BIOS, I just thought you said reloading the module fixed it which I thought was very strange. Since it doesn't, it's just the BIOS/whatever pulling the line low and there's nothing the wifi driver can do about that, we can't even ignore that.

I on the other hand, have the issue of iwlwifi sometimes stops working and rmmod iwlwifi ; modprobe iwlwifi fixes (most of the time) the issue.

Lenovo Thinkpad, Intel 5300.
03:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300

I am running Ubuntu 12.04, just for kicks I tried loading the kernel 3.6 backport modules which made the situation worse. I have historically tried to bug report here a few times before without anyone replying, so I stopped since I figured there wasn't anyone interested.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/76919
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg96442.html

If someone could tell me what information I can provide that might be important to bring the development forward, I'm all game.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike@xxxxxxxxx