Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] [RFC 1/3] nl80211: add spec scan flag

On 11/28/12 7:19 AM, "Simon Wunderlich"
<simon.wunderlich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The main reason why I wanted to use this function is that it can be used
>while operation, that is sending power save, forbidding payload tx, etc.

Have you looked at the remain-on-channel commands?

>It seems there is no way to trigger a scan from within ath9k/debugfs,
>right?

I don't think there is nor that there should be.. Do you really need scan
operating for this? I would use remain-on-channel commands from a user
space app to go through the channels you want to analyze.

>I could also cycle channels within ath9k, but the main problem I see is
>that
>I can't turn off TX/go into power save mode from the driver, or would you
>see
>anything feasible?

Remain-on-channel should take care of that, but yes, that would not be
triggered from ath9k, but from user space.

- Jouni