Search Linux Wireless

Re: regression: tethering fails in 3.5 with iwlwifi

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 13:45 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 10:44 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
>
> > Thanks. I just got that far as well, but I hadn't set up a DHCP
> > server ... I'll debug further, I just confirmed that association still
> > works.
>
> Ok I can't reproduce the problem. You're going to have to be more
> specific about what connman sets up, I think.
>
> Here's what I did:
>
>  * brctl addbr br0
>  * ip addr add ... br0
>  * ip link set br0 up
>  * start dnsmasq on br0
>  * start wpa_supplicant on wlan0, with -Dnl80211 -bbr0 -iwlan0 -c../cfg
>  * brctl addif br0 wlan0
>
> Maybe this isn't exactly what connman does, but it works for me with
> kernel 3.5.4, a 6230 Intel device and 1.0 wpa_supplicant.
>
> Can you capture exactly what connman does?

I can with some amount of efforts - I'd need to read the code. If you
would be kind / enthusiastic enough to try this with Tizen images, that
would be a lot easier for me.

But let me CC Samuel who did tethering support for connman. Samuel, if
you wish to provide some input, here is the link to this discussion:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/97389

> Also, are you sure that reverting just the carrier state patch isn't
> sufficient? It seems to me that the carrier state patch might confuse
> the bridge code, but I really see no reason Eric's change should have
> any impact at all.

Yes, 100% sure. I spent a lot of time bisecting this, and found out that
in my setup tethering starts working only if I revert both.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy