Search Linux Wireless

Re: Question about ath9k/mac80211 Driver

Hi there,

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Patrick Connolly wrote:

... Rates are the same as they were before the "iw   set bitrates"
command.  ...  Can anyone comment on what is wrong?

I'm not using the same set of software that you're using, but I'm
interested in this because of a quite different problem that I'm
working on as time permits.  There may be some overlap.

These threads partly describe what I'm looking at:

https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/7552
http://www.mail-archive.com/openwrt-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg14450.html

As you can see the workaround for my immediate problem is alleged to
be setting the bitrates using iw, but I could not confirm that in tests.
In fact in later testing I came across problems apparently with iw itself:

root@Jubilee-wrt54gs-3:~# iw reg set GB
Segmentation fault

and I have now stopped using iw on these boxes because it crashes them
so often.

This is OpenWRT trunk on Linksys WRT54GSv1.1

Maybe just another data point.

--

73,
Ged.