Search Linux Wireless

Re: Question about ath9k/mac80211 Driver

Mohammed,
     Thanks very much for the response.

   Yes I get "Operation not supported":

# iwconfig wlan0 modu 11b
Error for wireless request "Set Modulation" (8B2F) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.

   ...so what does this mean; what are my options here?  In view of
the fact that the capability of changing modes (from 'g' to 'b'
...etc.) is an essential requirement, am I using the wrong driver
...is there a different driver that supports this chip?  Or is it that
there's no driver that supports this chip so that I would have to put
this functionality into ath9k myself if I want it?

   Thanks again for the help.

-Patrick