Search Linux Wireless

Re: AR9330 hornet board stops beaconing after a few days (0xdeadbeef)

On Thursday 23 August 2012 20:29:47 Mohammed Shafi wrote:
> >> just to bump again - isn't there anyone who can give us some hint or
> >> clue regarding these 0xdeadbeef entries in the registers? Couldn't find
> >> a connection to other reports deadbeef on the mailing list so far.
> >
> > based on the suggestion from Felix Bitterli he says the deadbeef is
> > due to clocks
> > of MAC/baseband is off. Adrian says dumping RTC registers might
> > provide some clue
> >
> > today evening i would just take a look at some h/w specific changes
> > that were still yet to be in ath9k.
>
> sorry, i am unable to figure out any commits that seems to fix the symptoms
> like this. i will dig through or ask some one internally.
> please check with the logs sudo modprobe -v ath9k debug=0x8601
> with beacon stuck debug enabled

We have currently the debug running with 0xFFC2D (so also with BS detection
enabled) since a while. Unfortunately, it takes some days until the problem
appears and we don't know how to force it to happen immediately.

Kind regards,
	Sven