Search Linux Wireless

Re: I: RTL8187 driver in linux 3.4

On 06/02/2012 03:14 AM, Jacopo Runchi wrote:
So the problem is the same as you reported.

So is there either a bug related to the algorithm who manages the rate, or
should I change something related to the algorithm?
I searched for the CONFIG_EXPERT=y setting and for the pid rate algorithm
setting, but I've not found anything at all.

The parameter is in the kernel configuration file ".config". You need to change it with "make menuconfig ARCH=xxxx". Once you set EXPERT to "y", then the PID setting will be available in the Network => Wireless settings.

For it can be ok. Have you planned to do something to correct this at
driver-kernel level, to work with default "auto" rate?

It is a driver problem, but I do not know how soon it will be fixed. At the moment, I have more pressing concerns. Now that I can reproduce it, the fix will be easier to find.

Larry