Search Linux Wireless

Re: Master mode support in iwlagn?

On Thursday 31 May 2012 14:26:49 Arend van Spriel wrote:

> NetworkManager does support ad-hoc, but your hardware need to support
> beacon transmission for that as well. You could consider buying an AP.
> They are not that expensive ;-)

True, but I have enough to carry around already :-) And what if the MAC
address needs to be registered first? From my point of view, it would be a lot
easier if AP mode was supported... But you already guessed that probably,
otherwise I would not have asked it in the first place, would I? ;-)

It is still (too) hard for Linux users to find a laptop with a wireless card
that supports monitor mode, AP mode, decent packet injection, etc.

If you are wondering why I need that, I give a course about wireless
networking and it is easier if I can test things from my own machine instead
of having to run to the lab all the time :-)

Grz,
Erwin