Search Linux Wireless

Re: firmware loading fails for b43 using linux 3.4?

On 24/05/12 15:25, Larry Finger wrote:
It may be a while before I sort out all the details of this fix. Until
then, you can use either the temporary fix or compile b43 as a module.

Yes, no worries – I'm perfectly happy with the workaround of using b43 as a module. I just wanted to follow through with it.

I always have the wireless drivers built as modules. When making
changes, one only needs to recompile, reinstall the new version, and
unload/reload the module. If built into the kernel, a reboot is needed
for every change. None the less, the code needs to handle all cases.

Yes, I figured as much… but that's why there's testers after all :)

In any case, thank you for your work on this…

Kind regards,

-- Mourad