Search Linux Wireless

Re: Is there a patch for a bug?

Hi,

Sorry to answer so late, but I had few time to do tests recently.
Actually it seemed to work. The conditions of success are somewhat
strange: sometimes I've to reboot and re-t!y so that the dhclient works,
but... well.

Well, so it worked, until today. I get this today:
wl0: wlc_wme_setparams : no-clock

On kernel 2.6.32, when I do iwlist scan then, the computer freezes
fully. Really fully. The hardware crashes (RAM, CPU, etc.). On a 3.2.0
kernel, it doesn't, but wlan0 says that no scan possible as network not
available. My laptop is a HP ProBook 6560b (LG652ET)

Do you know such problem and any solution? Do you think it can be a
hardware problem? I don't understand why my wifi would be locked, as I
haven't done anything for that and I don't know how to achieve this. But
I can try some unlock if you tell me the shortcut. Finally, a Debian Dev
suggested me, a long time ago, a software to check locking and control
locking of bluetooth/wifi hardware, but I don't remember it.

Thanks for your help and I'm now more available to test and tweak if
needed.

Regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL