Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcmsmac still woes, possible regression?

On 03/26/2012 04:32 PM, Seth Forshee wrote:
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 11:23:57AM +0200, Arend van Spriel wrote:

The WARNING message is preceded by a cfg80211 message regarding
world regulatory domain. I suspect there is a relatio, but not sure
what it is. Regarding channels 12 and 13 I will come up with a fix
today and send you the patch to try.

The trace is related to handling a disconnection, which will also
trigger a reprocessing of the regulatory rules. The warning and the
regulatory message share a common cause, but I don't think there's a
direct relationship between them.

Thanks, Seth

I agree. That seems a more accurate statement. Without additional tracing (from e.g. wpa_supplicant?) it is hard to say what caused the disconnect.

This also seems to indicate that by the time either of these messages
appears the connection with the AP is already in the process of being
dropped. I don't think the regulatory messages give any cluse as to why
the connection was dropped. I suppose the warning might but I don't
know.

I suspect the warning is caused because mac80211 flush callback is done after scanning on channels 12 and/or 13. I have a quick fix. The longer and preferred fix would be to cleanup channel.c and incorporate your regdom change. I plan to do that in separate patches.

Gr. AvS