Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt8192cu on USB3

On 03/08/2012 09:28 PM, jerome huang wrote:

It still got no any result if I wait for 30 sec (or longer) between
(original) step 2 and 3.
I double confirmed that it always does not work for steps: plugin ->
up ->  scanning
and always works for steps: plugin ->  up ->  down ->  up ->  scanning.

And sometimes it works for next down->up->scanning, sometimes it doesn't.

Is the change of firmware loading in kernel 3.3 made by rtlwifi only,
or ring expansion in xhci is also necessary?

The only changes are in the rtlwifi drivers. I don't have a USB 3 device, thus I have no idea what might work there. I wrote something incorrect earlier. The new code is not in mainline 3.3, but it is in the wireless-testing git tree. If you want to try this, and don't want to get the whole tree, the new code is in the bleeding-edge compat-wireless package. Otherwise, I could send you the patches.

Larry

Larry