Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt8192cu on USB3

On 8 March 2012 18:32, jerome huang <jerome.syno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 8 March 2012 15:23, Xu, Andiry <Andiry.Xu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I don't know why my email is mangled so I remove all the receivers.
>> Please reply the mail adding Larry, Sarah and USB list.

Hi all,

I found a interesting thing.

Here is my original test steps:
1. plugin 8192 => at this step, modules will be inserted
2. ifconfig wlan0 up => at this step, firmware will be uploaded
3. iwlist wlan0 scanning => check if wlan0 works

The original problem occurs at last step,
there is "always" no ap list result.

And I found a way to make it work "always":
1. plugin 8192
2. ifconfig wlan0 up
3. ifconfig wlan0 down
4. ifconfig wlan0 up
5. iwlist wlan0 scanning
If I up->down->up sequentially, (without scanning after first up),
and then scanning(step 5),
it works!

Does this mean the firmware is not transfered or written correctly?

BR,
Jerome