Search Linux Wireless

Re: Google Summer of Code 2012 - Application for the Linux Foundation submitted

Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@...> writes:

> On 03/08/2012 10:45 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> >
> > So one idea I had was working on open firmware for ath9k_htc. We don't
> > have the resources to open that up but can likely provide under NDA
> > source code to let it get cleaned up for public release. If this is
> > reasonable I'll throw it on.
> >

> OK, please do it.
>
>     Till

Wait wait wait... qualcomm/Atheros does not have the resources, so how on earth
should a student (or students) actually do that?

Given the TODO over at
<http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k_htc#TODO> [Scroll down till
you get "fixed in the firmware. ]. This would be at least one years of full-time
work for a small team of trained code-monkey and therefore this "project" is
highly unrealistic.

Maybe we should stick to something less complicated.

Like extending PID to use MCS rates, or implementing a TPC control algorithm
[this is stuff, every drivers could use].