Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] Any recommendation of direct access the GPIO from specific address ?

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Mohammed Shafi <shafi.wireless@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
>> yes, those are working to me now, but see the file "regval", it is
>> allowed to be written. I tried to echo a value to it, and cat it, it
>> seems not work right to me. :(
>>
>> You may try to echo "0x00000c45" > regval when the regval is
>> "0x00000c55". Then cat regval again, see if it changed to
>> "0x00000c45".
>
> yes, i will quickly take a look at this. thanks for reporting.

 i think even though we change the regvalue, hardware will immediately
updates with GPIO pins status in the register.

you can just play with the rx filter register, putting 0 in that
register should filter all frames.

at regidx
0x0000803c
echo 0 to it

hope it should completely filter all frames coming to your chip

after some time it will be properly updated (pls see
ath9k_hw_setrxfilter) via driver
ath_prepare_reset -> ath_stoprecv  -> ath9k_hw_setrxfilter

that can be called by chip reset path, or mac80211 call back

we can play with some register that completely has our control

--
thanks,
shafi