Search Linux Wireless

Re: [bcm4329] brcmfmac on kernel 2.6.35 (Andorid)

On 01/26/2012 08:04 AM, Renzo Navas wrote:
As regards the hardware: basically I don't have many other choices,
the University gave me a Nexus S to develop. I think I can have access
to a Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S II and an HTC Dream HD, I have to find
out if some of them has a wifi card which uses a softmac driver.

Galaxy S is using bcm4329, Galsxy S II is using 4330. Both are fullmac dongle.

 The
idea is going to the wild (to the city which has high density of open
wifi APs) to test the algorithm -so I need some portable device-. I
yet have to find out how much can I accomplish with the bcm4329.

Some laptop products are using Broadcom PCIE NIC(DELL, Macbook Air and so on). Do you have access to any laptop? We can try to figure out what's in there.

I'm interested on this "bcmdhd" driver which uses cfg80211,
I have one request: is there an official source with the code of bcmdhd?

git clone https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/omap.git
drivers/net/wireless

Any scan request will be wrapped as an iovar and sent to the dongle. Scan results are sent back to the driver as a dongle event.

Hope this can help.

Franky