Search Linux Wireless

Re: [bcm4329] brcmfmac on kernel 2.6.35 (Andorid)

Good Afternoon,

First, Franky thanks for the response it was very helpful to know what
to expect and re-plan my project.

As regards the hardware: basically I don't have many other choices,
the University gave me a Nexus S to develop. I think I can have access
to a Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S II and an HTC Dream HD, I have to find
out if some of them has a wifi card which uses a softmac driver. The
idea is going to the wild (to the city which has high density of open
wifi APs) to test the algorithm -so I need some portable device-. I
yet have to find out how much can I accomplish with the bcm4329.

> For ICS we switch to a newer driver bcmdhd which use cfg80211 instead of
> wext. If you want to use cfg80211 instead of wext, this should be a better
> choice.

I'm interested on this "bcmdhd" driver which uses cfg80211,
I have one request: is there an official source with the code of bcmdhd?

Thanks for your attention again, and have a good day

Renzo