Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcm80211 (with bcm4329-chip)

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Franky Lin <frankyl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think both firmware is fine. I was referring to the
> brcm/bcm4329-fullmac-4.txt It's a nvram file contains critical information
> used by firmware. And it's hardware dependent. We have submitted a patch to
> remove the one in Linux firmware repository to avoid confusion as it's for a
> Broadcom internal development board. It may not work with your set up. I
> think there should be a similar file comes with the proprietary driver
> package if you are using a module instead of a 4329 chip. Please use that
> one.

I did two tests one with only changing the nvram-file, and one with
changing both
the firmware and the nvram-file (this is the latest logfile you got).  Both had
the same result.

> I don't have Exynos 4210 spec. But I guess for a such new chip the SDIO host
> should be able to run the bus at 50MHz. You could try to hack the MMC/SDIO
> host driver and reduce the max frequency to 25MHz or even further to 12MHz
> to see if any improvement.

Max clock is 63MHz, and the setting we have now works with 2.6.36 and the
proprietary driver (bcm4329).

Looking at the platform-code we have for 2.6.x, I see that we set
.cd_type                = S3C_SDHCI_CD_GPIO,
Instead of
.cd_type                = S3C_SDHCI_CD_INTERNAL,

I don't know if this matters (looking at the schematics, the clk-pin is the same
for mmc2 as it is for the gpio).  Is this something related to the old
proprietary
driver?

Regards,
Thomas